It happens every year. We begin to get used to the beautiful spring weather in Florida. Low humidity, nice breezes. We even open the windows and turn off the A/C on a few nice days. Sure, we know it’s a good idea to do a pre-summer HVAC tune-up, but is it really necessary? Oh, how quickly we forget about what’s coming! According to Weather Spark, “The hot season [in Tavares, Florida] lasts for 4.6 months, from May 11 to September 29, with an average daily high temperature above 86°F.” Yes, you read that right. Over 4 straight months of average temps in the high 80’s. They described our summers as “long, hot and oppressive.” Is this jogging your memory?
So the answer is yes, a pre-summer HVAC tune-up is right for you. And if you’re not convinced, here are a few more reasons:
● Did you know that every year you go without A/C maintenance, your unit loses about 5% of its efficiency? And the more inefficiently your unit runs, the more it costs.
● Catching these issues early will save you from the costs of a breakdown, like renting portable A/C units, hotel bills, and eating out (who wants to cook in a hot house?!)
● An HVAC tune-up can catch up to 85% of the issues that cause your unit to break down completely.
● If a total replacement is needed, you can schedule it on your terms and without spending days without A/C.
What happens during an HVAC tune-up?
Here’s what you can expect when our technician comes to perform routine maintenance on your unit:
● Check the system for proper refrigerant charge
● Brush out the electrical cabinet
● Check temperature splits
● Check final performance
● Flush and vacuum drain line/pan and evaluate
● Check the blower wheel for buildup
● Check/evaluate the evaporator coil for buildup
● And SO MUCH More!
What do our customers say?
We are very proud of our high Google review rating, thanks to customers like Abbey who said:
Walt with Veteran Air is an honest professional and very knowledgeable ! Walt handles all of my A/C installs, maintenances and service calls for my rental properties. I highly recommend him to my family, friends, and customers.
How can we help you?
We are here to help. Whether you need a tune-up, a diagnostic visit, or you’ve decided it’s time to upgrade your system, let us know. We have technicians ready to come by and offer the services you need. You can schedule an appointment on our website here.